A reminder to make this salad while we still have peak stone fruits: Nectarine (or really any stone fruit) and fennel salad with vinegar, chili flakes and basil.
Fennel & stone fruit salad
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 pieces of stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, apricots etc)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Handful of fresh basil
- Slice fruit into wedges and add to a bowl.
- Remove fennel fonds and slice bulb in half. Remove stalks and root. Using a mandolin or just carefully with a knife, thinly slice the fennel. Add to bowl with the peaches.
- Add pepper flakes, olive oil and vinegar and mix together gently.
- Top with slices of fresh basil and fennel fonds. Enjoy!