A few of you requested more week night meals and meals for 1-2 servings. This is just that: This is a summery, and simple pasta with eggplant, zucchini, peppers, cherry tomatoes and capers. I cooked all the veggies in a cocotte with roasted garlic. The veggies roast into a sauce and then I add the roasted garlic. Everything was topped with goat cheese and parm, yes both and then lots of fresh basil.
Veggie pasta with roasted garlic, goat cheese and capers
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/4 cup eggplant
- Handful of sliced peppers, banana and red
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 bulb of garlic, with the top sliced off, revealing the cloves
- sea salt
- pasta of choice
- olive oil
- goat cheese
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400. Add a nice glug of olive oil to the bottom of your cocotte. Spread it around so bottom is evenly coated. Chop all your veggies and add until you are at the top, leaving a little spot for your garlic to go on top. Drizzle another nice glug of olive oil over everything, especially the whole garlic bulb. Season with salt and pepper. Add lid and cook for about 40-45 min or until the veggies have softened and begun to make a chunky sauce.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta in salted pasta water. When veggies are done, Remove garlic (it should be nice and roasted). Add pasta to a bowl and spoon veggie sauce over top. Squeeze garlic overtop that and stir to combine. Add goat cheese crumbles, lots of parm and sliced fresh basil. Enjoy!