If you have never tried grilling romaine before, this is your sign to do it! This is a grilled romaine salad with fresh corn, heirloom tomatoes and crispy prosciutto. I then topped with breadcrumbs and fresh lemon juice.
One of the things that takes this recipe to the next level is using good extra virgin olive oil. I used @pompeian Smooth EVOO from Walmart to coat the romaine and it not only enhances the dish but gives it such a delicate taste. I’m telling you, using GOOD quality EVOO makes all the difference in a recipe.
- 1/4 cup balsamic
- 1 tbsp hot honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Pompeian smooth EVOO
- flaky sea salt
- 4 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 2 ears corn
- 1 heirloom tomato
- 5 pieces proscuitto
- homemade breadcrumbs
- Wash and slice heads of romaine lengthwise. Combine vinaigrette ingredients and generously coat the romaine.
- Set a grill to high heat and add on the corn. Cook about 4 min per side (rotating) or until it gets lightly charred on the outside
- During the last 3 min of the corn, add on romaine. Cook about 1-2 min per side. Make sure to not leave it on longer or else it will easily become overcooked.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 and lay out pieces of prosciutto on parchment paper. Cook for about 20 min or until crispy. Remove and let cool. Roughly chop.
- Lay out romaine and squeeze lemon juice over top. Then add corn, tomato, prosciutto and breadcrumbs. Enjoy!