Pesto farro bowls with broccolini, buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes parmesan crisps and a poached egg. I had some of the left over pistachio pesto and this was such a good lunch. So fresh and has so much flavor. Also would be great to meal prep for the week!
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium sized balls of buffalo mozzarella
- 3-4 broccolini florets
- 1 cup parmesan
- sea salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Cook farro according to package instructions. Wash broccolini and teat some oil in a medium pan. Add to pan and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until bright green and slightly tender.
- In a small bowl crack an egg. Heat a pot of water and when it’s at a rolling boil, use a spoon to make a swirl with the water (like the shape of a tornado) Add in your egg and continue to stir (carefully, without touching the egg) until the water comes back to a boil. Cook for about 1 more min for a runny poached egg (describing how to poach an egg is surprisingly hard… if youre confused by these notes, I suggest watching a video to see what I mean)
- Make your pesto. In a food processor, add pesto ingredients and blend. Taste test and adjust accordingly.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grate cheese and form into thick heaps. Bake for about 5 min or until golden brown.
- Add cooked farro to a medium sized bowl. Top with fresh pesto, sliced cherry tomatoes and your broccolini. Using your hands, break up the mozzarella into bite sized chunks.
- Add poached egg and parmesan bits. Enjoy!