This is an easy and healthy weeknight meal idea for ya: crispy pork & feta stuffed zucchini topped with homemade breadcrumbs & hot honey. I’ve made this one on here before but decided to turn it into a reel. I hope you give it a try. Enjoy!
One note: I kept skin on because it has good nutrients etc but you could absolutely peel it if you prefer!👌🏼
Crispy Pork & Feta Stuffed Zucchini
- Zucchini squash
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chopped white onion
- 5 sprigs fresh sage
- Breadcrumbs (homemade or store bought)
- Fresh feta
- Hot Honey
- Olive oil / salt and pepper
- Make the filling: Heat olive oil on medium heat.Add in onion and garlic and cook for 3 min. Add pork and sage, and season with salt and pepper and cook until brown. Once brown add a handful of bread crumbs and mix.
- If you’re making the breadcrumbs from scratch (reel of how I make mine in highlights):Depending on how stale your bread is, try to get it into smaller chunks. (Don’t worry, once it’s baked it will be more crumbly and easier to break down). Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for about 8min on 350 or until they are browned. Remove and either roughly chop by hand or add to a food processor to blend further. You only a handful for this recipe so keep the rest aside because they are such a good add to so many things (on top of pastas, salads, any veggies etc).
- Using a spoon, remove the meat of the zucchini and drizzle with olive oil. Scoop your filling into the zucchini and top with feta crumbles and more breadcrumbs. Bake on 375 for about 10-15 min depending on the size of your squash. Remove and top with hot honey 👌🏼
Note: this yields more than enough but wanted to account for larger squash sizes, etc.