This is a Cana de Cabra goat cheese baked into ciabatta bread, and then topped with buttery truffle mushrooms, arugula and balsamic glaze. This is my second recipe I’ve done baking the cheese into the bread and It really takes the sandwich to the next level.
Baked Cana de Cabra goat cheese with buttery truffle mushrooms
- Ciabatta bread
- Cana de Cabra goat cheese
- 1 cup baby shiitake mushrooms
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- black summer truffles
- balsamic glaze
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Using a shot glass or back of a spoon, push bread down to make a little hole for your cheese. Slice cheese in half and put a slice in both slices of ciabatta. Bake for about 5 min or until cheese is melty.
- Clean mushrooms and add to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Let them brown and release some liquid. After about 5 min, add butter and thyme to the skillet.
- Cook until mushrooms are tender, about another 5 min or so.
- Add mushrooms to toasted, cheesy bread and top with a few summer truffles, arugula and balsamic glaze. Enjoy!