This is kind of a take on a Niçoise salad and is super fresh with a delicious caper dijon dressing. Also a great, healthy way to use fresh tuna. This is a green bean and bib lettuce salad with quick pan seared tuna, chickpeas and a lemon dijon vinaigrette. All topped with a soft boiled egg. Perfect lunch idea!
Niçoise style salad with a caper dijon dressing
- 1 Egg
- Handful of bib lettuce
- 1 cup Green beans
- 4-6 slices Fresh sushi grade tuna
- 1/3 cup Chickpeas
- A few slices of red onion
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1 tbsp Whole grain dijon mustard
- Flaky sea salt/pepper
- Add a little oil to a pan and let it get really hot. Add tuna and let cook for about 2 min per side depending on thickness
- Cook green beans and add to a bowl with bib lettuce. Add chickpeas, onions and top with slices of your tuna
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add your egg. Boil for 6-7 min for a soft boiled egg. Remove and add to a bowl of ice water. Add egg to salad.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Enjoy!