Fun little breakfast idea: fresh crab and radish toast with a creamy edamame spread. This is the same spread I used with the preserved lemons and it’s got the same consistency as an avocado spread. Plus the radishes make it super pretty
Crab and radish toast with a creamy edamame spread
- Bread of choice (this is Frances pan loaf)
- Fresh crab meat (you can get at Whole Foods)
- Ponzu or soy sauce
The edamame spread
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1 clove Garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cooked edamame
- 1 tsp Japanese mayo
- 1/4 Jalapeño, sliced
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt and pepper
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook on medium heat for 2-3 min per side.
- In a food processor, combine edamame, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeño, and lemon juice. Blend until combined. Then add mayo, salt and pepper and combine again.
- Spread on bread and top with crab, sliced radishes, furikake and anything else you want to add like a ponzu or soy sauce. Enjoy!