Really tasty weekend breakfast: pistachio pesto toast with parmesan crisps, a fried egg and pepperoncini piccante. I’ve said it before, but parm chips are so easy to bake at home and just make everything better!
Pistachio pesto toast with parmesan crisps, a fried egg and pepperoncini piccante
- 1 Egg
- Bread of choice (this is a Frances pan loaf)
- 1 tsp Pepperoncini piccante spread
- 1 cup Parmesan (yields about 4-5 chips)
- 3/4 cup Basil leaves
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- Make your pesto. In a food processor, add pesto ingredients and blend. Taste test and adjust accordingly.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grate cheese and form into thick heaps. Bake for about 5 min or until golden brown.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook about 2-3 min per side. Remove and add oil/butter. Crack an egg and cook for about 3 min for sunny side up.
- Spread pesto on toast and top with parmesan crisps, egg and pepperoncini piccante for a little heat. Enjoy!