This is a delicious Sungold tomato and peach salad with burrata and shallot confit. I added a pepper for a little heat and then tossed it all in a nice glug of the shallot olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. This is such a great late summer recipe thats perfect for a long weekend or bringing to a BBQ. Serve with some crispy bread and lots of fresh basil. Enjoy!
Sungold tomato and peach salad with burrata and shallot confit
- 1 cup sungold tomatoes
- 1 cup peaches
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 ball of burrata
- red wine vinegar
- glug of shallot confit oil
- fresh basil
- sea salt
The shallot confit
- 2-3 large shallots, quartered
- 2-3 stems of thyme
- enough good olive oil to cover the shallots
- Preheat oven to 325. Add shallots and thyme to a cocotte and cover in olive oil. Bake for about 45-50 min or until shallots are nice and tender
- Meanwhile, Slice tomatoes, peaches, basil, pepper. Combine in a large bowl and toss with shallot olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Season to taste.
- Arrange in a bowl leaving room in the middle for the burrata. Split burrata and then top with more basil, shallot olive oil and shallot confit. Serve with crispy sourdough bread (you should cook the break in a skillet with some of that shallot oil!). Enjoy!