I had some extra dill in the fridge so decided to make a vinaigrette for some asparagus: Roasted lemony asparagus with a saffron dill vinaigrette. Honestly this vinaigrette would be great on most any veggie, or even chicken/fish. It’s a good healthy side option and very easy to put together. Hope you give it a try!
Here’s how to make it:
Roasted Lemony Asparagus with a Saffron Dill Vinaigrette
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- red pepper flakes
For the vinaigrette:
- A handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- A pinch of saffron
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Wash and cut off ends of your asparagus and coat in olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bake on 375 for about 20-25 min or until roasted brown.
- For the dressing: whisk dill, garlic, olive oil, mustard, saffron and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust accordingly depending on taste.
- When asparagus is done, drizzle sauce and top with red pepper flakes and cracked pepper. Enjoy!