This is a good one to send you into the weekend: roasted cauliflower with pine nuts and a brown butter sage 🤩brown butter is very easy to make and great to put on pretty much any veggie.
Here’s how to make it:
Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and a Brown Butter Sage
- 1 head cauliflower
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 stick butter
- A few sprigs of sage
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- Chop cauliflower into bite sized florets and add to a sheet pan. Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 min or until cauliflower is browned and cooked through.One note: I didn't, but you could totally roast the cauliflower in the brown butter that you make! I didn't think of that until after the fact 🙂
- Make your brown butter. In a small sauce pan add butter and sage. Break the sage in half before tossing in. Cook on low heat and stir consistently. Soon the butter will start to foam and that is a sign it is starting to brown. About 3-5 after that you will see the butter turn a caramel color. Remove from heat.
- Pour a little of the brown butter in a pan and toss in pine nuts. Cook until browned, about 2-3 min on medium to low heat.Careful they will burn easily.
- Add cauliflower to a bowl and top with pine nuts. Add brow butter, flaky sea salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!