One of my favorite summer appetizer ideas: mini puff pastry galettes. Similar to your classic galette they are no frills and super easy to make, but these are mini and can be eaten in only a few bites. What is so fun about these is you can really mix and match with a few ingredients to make a bunch of different flavor combos. The exact combos are below, but you can really use whatever you want. Truly the perfect, easy summer app. Full recipes in stories and on my website. Enjoy!
Mini puff pastry galettes
- 1 sheet puff pastry (or pie dough)
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- A few sprigs of thyme
- smoked mozzarella
- herb or regular goat cheese
- heirloom tomatoes
- cherry tomatoes
- swiss chard
- pesto (homemade or store bought)
- basil for topping
- hot honey for topping
- balsamic glaze for topping
- Preheat oven to 375. Roll out pastry dough and cut circles into the dough. The circles can be however large you want, I did around 8 inches diameter.
- Whisk an egg in a small bowl and brush the center of the puff pastry. Add whatever ingredients you'd like to the middle. I did these 3 combos: Pesto, smoked mozzarella, heirloom tomato and balsamic glazeSwiss chard, herb goat cheese, thyme, prosciutto and balsamic glazeHerb goat cheese, heirloom tomato, thyme and hot honey
- Fold the edges of the dough over the fillings. Brush with more egg wash. Add a little thyme and salt to the outside if you want.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for about 12 min or until golden brown and the bottom is cooked. The time can depend on how big your galettes are.
- Remove and drizzle with hot honey, balsamic, or whatever other topping you want. Enjoy!