These are mini wedge salads with lobster and buttermilk tarragon and blue cheese dressing. I always love a wedge salad but find them a little hard to eat so these mini ones are the best. I topped them with fresh herbs, chopped bacon, the dressing and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs. Perfect for summer. Enjoy!
Mini wedges with lobster and a buttermilk blue cheese dressing
- 1 head of ice berg lettuce
- 3/4 lb fresh lobster meat
- 5 pieces of bacon
- fresh chives
- fresh tarragon
- blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 lemon + zest
- 2 tsp tarragon
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- sea salt
- Quarter the head of iceberg lettuce like you usually would when making a wedge salad. Instead of keeping it in quarters, keep dividing until you get little triangles out of the quartered head of lettuce. You will find that that you can separate the layers and make them into multiple wedges for serving.
- Add bacon to a pan and cook on medium heat until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. When cool enough to touch, roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all the ingredients together in a bowl. Mix until smooth and combined. Season to taste.
- Chop the lobster into bite sized pieces, and then chop the herbs.
- Add your wedges to a large plate and start assembling. Add a little spoonful of lobster to each wedge, followed by a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles and bacon. Repeat on all your wedges. Top everything with the dressing, herbs and breadcrumbs. Enjoy!