Homemade Jerusalem bagel with tzatziki , soft scrambled eggs, green olives and feta. Truly doesnt get better. Jerusalem bagels are baked instead of boiled, have a more elongated shape and are slightly sweeter than a regular bagel. I had a delicious one at [tag kfar] and decided to make kickassbaker recipe at home. You have to try this!!
Here’s how to make it:
Jerusalem bagel with tzatziki, soft scrambled eggs, green olives and feta
For the tzatziki:
- 2 heaping tbsp of greek yogurt
- 2 Persian cucumbers, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp dill
- Sprinkle of zatar
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- Feta crumbles
- Green olives, sliced
- Dash of half and half
- Combine all the tziziki ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Add butter to a skillet and slice bagel. Cook for about 3 min or until it gets golden brown (you could also just toast it)
- Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and add a little milk or half and half. Get a pan very hot and add butter. Add eggs and immediately turn down heart. Start folding egg into the middle. Cook to your liking.
- Add tziziki to bagel, then eggs, then olives and feta. Enjoy!