Amazing weekend breakfast idea: Jerusalem bagel with dill butter, smoked salmon and tzatziki. I made these bagels for the first time a few weeks ago , and now I can’t get enough! Jerusalem bagels are baked instead of boiled, have a more elongated shape and are slightly sweeter than a regular bagel. Shout out to kickassbaker for the bagel recipe.
Here’s how to make it:
Jerusalem bagel with dill butter, smoked salmon and tzatziki
For the tzatziki:
- 2 heaping tbsp of greek yogurt
- 2 Persian cucumbers, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp dill
- Sprinkle of Za’atar
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Smoked salmon
- Pickled shallots or onions
- Combine all the tzatziki ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Add butter to a skillet and slice bagel. Cook for about 3 min or until it gets golden brown (you could also just toast it)
- Make dill butter by combining softened butter in a small bowl with dill and a little Za’atar. Spread on bagel and then top with tzatziki.
- Add smoked salmon, pickled onions and capers. Enjoy!