The best way to eat goat cheese (and an ode to the @pumprulesbravo goat cheese balls): Goat cheese coated in breadcrumbs, baked and served with balsamic glaze, cherry tomatoes and crispy sourdough bread. This is a great snack, appetizer or really whatever you want it to be.
Panko coated goat cheese and cherry tomato bake
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 leek
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 400. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add cherry tomatoes to an oven safe skillet. Slice leeks and add in as well. Top with balsamic and bake for about 10 min.
- Meanwhile, Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to some panko breadcrumbs on a plate. Roll goat cheese into 2 equal sized balls. Coat in olive oil and cover in the breadcrumbs.
- After 10 min in the oven, turn oven to broil, and add goat cheese balls to the skillet. Let cook for about 3-5 min or until goat cheese starts to brown. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve with toasty bread! Enjoy