Pesto (well actually garlic) is my one true love. This is my tried and true pesto recipe that I almost always have in the fridge for pasta, eggs, sandwiches, pizza, you name it. You can substitute pine nuts for pistachios, and arugula for basil depending on what you have on hand.
Pesto toast with tomatoes and eggs
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- sea salt and pepper
- bread of choice
- cherry tomatoes
- parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 egg
- oil for frying
- Blend all pesto ingredients in a food processor until combined. Taste test and adjust accordingly.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook for 2-3 min per side.
- Add pesto to toast and top with sliced cherry tomatoes
- Add oil or butter to a pan. Crack egg in pan and cook on medium heat to your desired likeness. Add to toast and top with grated parmesan. Enjoy!