Level up your avocado toast with tomatillos! You might have noticed Ive been cooking with these a ton recently and thats because they are so delicious and have so much flavor. This is a tomatillo avocado toast with cucumbers and spicy everything furikake seasoning. You could absolutely add eggs to this for a breakfast toast!
Here’s how to make it:
Tomatillo avocado toast with cucumbers and furikake
- 8 tomatillos
- 1 chili
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lime
- Small handful of cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 1/2 avocado
- Bread of choice
- Persian cucumbers
- Holy Tshili Spicy everything furikake seasoning
- Pesto homemade or store-bought pesto recipe below
- Olive oil
- Husk tomatillos and cut into wedges. Add sugar and salt and massage gently with your hands until they start to soften. Let sit for at least an hour. The longer you wait the more tender they become.
- Add salsa ingredients to a food processor or mortar pestle. Mash together until combined. Season to taste.
- With a veggie peeler, slice cucumber.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook for 2-3 min per side. Add tomatillo guacamole cucumbers and top with the everything furikake. Enjoy!