OMG this dip is so good: this is a hummus pesto with pimento peppers and homemade tortilla chips. I have been putting this dip on toast, as an app, with eggs, 👌🏼 been the best to have in the fridge. Bonus: Make your chips from scratch as well!
Here’s how to make it:
Hummus pesto with pimento peppers and homemade tortilla chips
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil + more for topping
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts + more for garnish
- Pimento peppers for garnish
- Tortilla chips (these are homemade! Recipe to come)
- Flour tortillas
- Cooking oil of choice (this is peanut oil)
- Seasonings of choice, I used garlic powder, flaky salt and cayenne pepper.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until combined. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Spread on a serving dish and top with a drizzle of olive oil and pine nuts.
- Homemade chips recipe to come! Stay tuned!
- Cut tortilla into 6 triangle wedges. Meanwhile heat oil in a deep pan. There should be about 1/4 inch of oil
- Take a tiny piece of tortilla and add to your oil to really know when your oil is hot (unless you have a thermometer, which should read around 350). When the test tortilla is sizzling, your oil is ready and you can start putting in your triangles.
- Fry for about 3 min or until they start to brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate that is lined with a paper towel.
- Immediately add on your seasonings while the oil is still wet so that they stick. Enjoy!