This is the perfect recipe to make for Spring brunch. They bake right in the Le Creuset Flower Mini Cocottes and are absolutely delicious!
Goat Cheese and Pancetta Potato Nests
For the nests
- 1.5 cup Frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1/2 cup Pancetta
- Cooking spray
- Sea salt and peppet
For the rest
- 4 oz Fresh goat cheese
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- bunch Chives
- 5 sprigs Thyme, removing stems
- 1/2 lemon
- dash milk
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray mini with cooking spray.
- Remove hashbrowns from freezer. As they thaw, cook pancetta in a small pan until crispy. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel to remove some of the excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine thawed hashbrowns, pancetta, salt and pepper. Scoop about a ¼ cup into your mini. Using your fingers, start pressing the potato mixture into the bottom and sides of the mini. Let the top edges be uneven and hang over to form a nest shape. Bake for about 12 min, then rotate pan. Bake for another 10 min or so, checking every so often. Depending on how thick your nest is, you might need to bake a few more or less minutes. You can tell it is done when the nest is hardened and the tops are golden brown. Remove from mini (it should come out very easily).
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, goat cheese, lemon juice, herbs, sea salt and pepper in a food processor. Mix until creamy. If a little thick, add a little milk as needed.5. Add about a tbsp of the spread to each nest and smooth out until even. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake again for about 5 min.
- Add about a tbsp of the spread to each nest and smooth out until even. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake again for about 5 min.
- If you’re making crispy prosciutto: add parchment paper to a baking sheet and add a few slices of prosciutto to the pan. When nests are done, remove from oven and add prosciutto to oven. Bake for about 5-7 min.
- The nests should be warm but not hot and you can add your prosciutto to the top, along with spring peas. Feel free to add any other fixings you want. Serve back in the mini for a cute presentation. Enjoy!