Here is the recipe for the fancy BLT I made with some heirloom tomatoes: Hot honey candied bacon, romaine and tomato with a sriracha aioli on good toasty bread. I didnt have hot honey so I ended up making my own which was actually quite easy. Truly this creation was SO GOOD.
Fancy BLT: Hot honey candied bacon, romaine and tomato with a sriracha aioli
For the hot honey:
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Heirloom tomato
- Sriracha aioli (I usedStonewall kitchen)
- Bread of choice
- Make your hot honey. In a pan, combine honey and chili flakes over medium heat. When that starts to melt, add in 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine and then remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then add slices of bacon to the sheet. Brush hot honey over one side of the bacon and back for about 15 min or until crispy and golden.
- Coat bread in olive oil and toast in a pan for about 2-3 min per side. Bonus, use from of the bacon grease instead of oil if you're feeling especially fancy.
- Spread aioli of choice onto bread. Add chopped bacon, chopped romaine, sliced heirloom tomato. Top with another piece of bread. Enjoy!