I’m SO EXCITED about this one: crispy filo wrapped halloumi with hot honey and pistachios.This is spin on a delish appetizer I had at K’far that I tried to make from home- its SO EASY and its absolutely amazing appetizer.
Here’s how to make it:
Crispy filo wrapped halloumi with hot honey and pistachios
- Filo dough (only use about 1-2 sheets, no more or it will be to dry and thick)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 4 tbsp butter
- Hot honey
- Use the smallest cast iron skillet you have or pan sear in a regular skillet, just make sure you get the halloumi crispy before you flip it.
- Preheat oven according to filo package. Thaw dough and pull out 2-3 sheets
- Slice halloumi into 1 inch by 3-4 inch thick rectangles. With a knife, slice dough to be the width of your halloumi.
- Lay out sheets on a clean board and whisk egg wash in a bowl. Brush dough with egg wash. Add a piece of halloumi to the bottom of dough and wrap. Using your finger, dab ends with egg wash to coat and cover halloumi in the dough.
- Add butter to a small hot cast iron skillet and then add your wrapped halloumi. Repeat with 3-4 pieces. Make sure they are hugged next to each other.
- After 2-3 min or when the halloumi has browned on the outside, give it a flip and cook for another 2 min. When browned on both sides, drizzle hot honey and chopped pistachios over top. Serve hot. Enjoy!