Pepper cups are the best because you can really add whatever toppings you want to the middle and then turn them into a mini egg bake. These are really fun to make and you could use a tomato or an onion if you don’t have a pepper on hand.
Cacio e Pepe scrambled egg pepper cups
- 1 egg per pepper cup
- 1 bell pepper
- dash milk or half and half
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- lots of black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and add truffle and milk. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add butter to a hot pan and let melt. Meanwhile slice pepper and get your best slices ready. Add to the pan.
- Pour eggs into pepper slices. Don’t worry if some egg spills out, just use a spatula to keep the egg near the pepper. When it cooks it will stay together.
- Add tons of cracked pepper, salt and parmesan. Cover with a lid and cook for about 2-3 min on medium/ low heat.
- Remove lid and flip. Cook for about another minute and add to a plate. Season with more parm, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!