Easy and quick lunch idea: black olive pesto, cherry tomato and halloumi toast. Ive made this black olive pesto a few ways (on flatbreads, pasta etc) and it’s super tasty on toast.
Here’s how to make it:
Black olive pesto, cherry tomato and halloumi toast
- Bread of choice (this is a Frances pan loaf from Whole Foods)
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
The black olive pesto:
- 1 can of black olives
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Make the pesto. In a food processor, pulse garlic and pine nuts. Add in olives, parm and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Slice halloumi and add to pan on medium heat. Once cheese gets nicely golden, flip and repeat. You don’t need to add any oil to the pan!
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook in a pan for about 2-3 min per side.
- Spread pesto on toast with halloumi slices and tomatoes. Season with red pepper flakes if you want some spice. Enjoy!