This is one of my favorite combinations in the fall: baked goat cheese and pear with hot honey candied walnuts. I’ve also done this with an arugula salad which you could do for a great lunch idea. I did this over some toasty sourdough. Enjoy!
Baked goat cheese toast and pear with hot honey candied walnuts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp regular or hot honey
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1 pear, sliced
- Olive oil (for toasting your bread and for coating the goat cheese)
- Bread of choice (this is a sourdough)
- Preheat your oven to 400. Add goat cheese to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Coat in olive oil. Slice pears and add on top. Bake for about 5 min then turn oven to broil and finish for about 2-3 min or until the goat cheese starts to get brown. The goat cheese might start to flatten a bit so you can check on it, but should mostly stay together on the paper.
- Meanwhile, add butter and honey to a skillet until melted. Then add your walnuts. Cook for about 3-5 min on medium to low stirring constantly. Remove and immediately add to parchment paper so they don’t stick together.
- Coat bread in olive oil and add to same skillet. Cook for about 2-3 min per side on medium heat.
- When goat cheese is golden, remove and spread onto bread, then top with the pears. Roughly chop walnuts and add on top. Add some more hot honey if you’d like. Enjoy!