I made this a few weeks back and have been super excited to share: this is a baked feta wrapped in filo dough, everything bagel seasoning and topped brown butter and honey. It’s a great appetizer idea and perfect to make this weekend. Here’s how to make it:
Baked feta wrapped in filo dough, EBS and topped brown butter and honey
- 1 block of feta
- Everything bagel seasoning
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup flour
- cooking spray
- Hot or regular honey
- Preheat oven according to filo package. Thaw dough and pull out 2-3 sheets.
- In 3 separate bowls, Add flour, egg wash, and everything bagel seasoning.
- Coat feta in flour, followed by egg wash, followed by everything bagel seasoning.
- Add egg wash to filo dough and then add coated feta to the center of the dough. Leaving enough to fully wrap the feta, cutaway any excess dough. Similar to wrapping a present, fold dough around the feta and use the egg wash to keep it shut. Coat the outside of the filo dough with more egg wash.
- Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray and add the feta. Bake for 15 min or until the outer shell gets crispy.
- Meanwhile heat butter until melted. Stirring repeatedly, let butter start to become a caramel color and begin to brown.
- Remove feta from oven and top with brown butter, more everything bagel seasoning, and drizzle with honey. Perfect with crackers.Enjoy!