This is a little recreation of a dish I had in Nashville: Hot honey whipped feta with sausage. This is a perfect app or snack to make during the week. Enjoy!
Hot honey whipped feta
- 7 oz fresh feta cheese
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 pound spicy ground sausage
- 4 sprigs sage
- 3 tbsp hot or regular honey
- olive oil
- veggie of your choice
- Using a food processor, add your feta, yogurt, olive oil, 2 tbsp of honey a pinch of salt and pepper. Once combined, check for taste and consistency. Feta should be creamy and smooth. Add in a little more greek yogurt and olive oil if it needs a little more creaminess.
- Saute your sausage in a pan on medium heat with a little olive oil. As sausage breaks down, add in your sage. Cook for about3-4 min or until nicely browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Prep your veggies so they are bite sized and easy to dip. Layer on a plate.
- Spoon your feta into a shallow bowl. Using a spoon, form a little crater in the top of the feta and add in your sausage. Top with remaining tbsp of hot honey and season with salt, pepper and breadcrumbs.Serve with veggies and enjoy!