This was one of my first viral recipes on Instagram and there is a reason! This is such a fun app to make and so delicious. It has all the best things that the dip has, turned into a delicious bread.
Here’s how to make it:
Spinach artichoke pull-apart rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup shredded parm
- 4 cups cooked spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1 can artichokes (make sure they are plain, not marinated)
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 heaping scoop sour cream
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes
- pizza dough (store-bought or homemade, I used store-bought)
- olive oil
- plain dental floss
- cooking spray
- baking dish with deep sides
- Remove pizza dough from fridge and let sit out for about 30 min before cooking. Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large saute pan, heat a few tbsp of olive oil and cook spinach. Once fully wilted and cooked, remove from heat and let cool. Once cool, press some paper towels into the spinach to remove some of the excess water. Then roughly chop.
- Drain can of artichokes and roughly chop.
- In a bowl, combine mozzarella, parm, spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, a dash of salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out pizza dough.Using a rolling pin or something round, get your dough into a rounded rectangle shape.
- Add your spinach-artichoke filling to the middle of the dough and evenly spread out to the sides. Starting from one of the long sides, slowly roll your dough into a log shape. Drizzle some olive oil over the top.
- This part is kind of a fun trick! Using a piece of dental floss, place the piece of dental floss under the roll and wrap around like you would use ribbon on a present. Make a tie, and your dough will break into a clean cut (see video if this is confusing / you could always use a knife but I don't think the cuts will be as smooth). Repeat until you have the rolls into even pieces, about 6 rolls.
- Place each roll spiral side up into a baking dish with deep sides. If there is a little extra space in the pan, don't worry because the rolls rise and get bigger.
- Drizzle the whole thing with olive oil and back for 40 min, or until fully cooked and nicely browned on top. Enjoy!