Avocado toast to the max: black bean and corn guacamole with slices of bacon and soft scrambled eggs. This guacamole is fab on its own or so good on toasts like these. Happy long weekend!
Avocado toast with eggs, bacon and a black bean corn guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- Dash of milk or half and half
- A few strips of bacon
- Bread of choice (this is a sourdough)
- Olive oil
- Cut the avocados in half, and mash until smooth and creamy.
- Add the black beans, corn, red onion, jalapeño pepper, tomato, and cilantro to the mashed avocados.Squeeze the lime juice, salt and pepper overtop and season to taste. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Meanwhile add bacons slices to a skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 min per side, or until the edges crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease. Render most of the bacon fat and wipe out pan.
- Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and add a dash of milk or half and half. Whisk until smooth. Melt butter in a nonstick pan and add eggs. Fold eggs into the center of your pan as they cook. and when they are almost done to your desired likeness, remove from heat.
- Coat bread in olive e oil and cook for 2-3 min per side. Alternatively, you could leave a little bacon fat in the pan and cook the toast in that.
- Add guacamole to toast along with eggs and bacon. Enjoy!