Vegetable frittata with truffle goat cheese, herbs and a dijon mustard vinaigrette. Nice sweet and savory vibe and what really makes this is the vinaigrette drizzled at the end. Perfect for Saturday morning!
Vegetable & truffle goat cheese frittata with a dijon mustard vinaigrette
- 6 large eggs
- 1/8 cup milk or cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a small red onion, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Handful of asparagus, chopped
- Handful of broccolini, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- 6 oz truffle goat cheese
- Fresh herbs (dill and basil are great)
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk or cream. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion, asparagus, broccolini and scallion. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cooked vegetables in the skillet. Gently stir the mixture to distribute the vegetables evenly.
- Let the bottom of the frittata set on the stove on medium to low heat (making sure it doesn't burn), about 3-5 min.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted and lightly golden.
- Once cooked, remove the frittata from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients and pour over top frittata.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, and enjoy!