This is a twist on the classic “egg in a hole” we all grew up eating. This version cracks an egg in a slice of avocado and cooks the whole thing tons of gruyere cheese, cracked pepper and red pepper flakes. Finish the whole thing off with your favorite hot sauce. Enjoy!
Here’s how to make it:
Avocado “Egg in a hole”
- Bread of choice (this is a crispy sourdough)
- Avocado slice
- Gruyere cheese
- Olive Oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce of choice (optional)
- Slice avocado and remove skin. Using a spoon, scoop out a little more of the middle so there is room when you crack your egg.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook 2-3 min on one side. Flip and add avocado slice to the middle. Crack egg in the avocado hole. Grate lots of cheese over top and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook on low to medium heat until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Remove and serve with more cheese and your favorite hot sauce. Enjoy!