The ultimate summer sandwich to bring to a picnic or day at the beach: These are tarragon pulled chicken salad sandwiches. What really makes this is the creamy homemade dressing with @mailleus Whole Grain Mustard. The grains in my mustard are cut, not crushed, which gives it tons of flavor and keeps the sandwich crisp and fresh all beach day long.
Here’s how to make it:
Tarragon pulled chicken sandwiches
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 heaping tbs whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil (and if looking dry add as needed)
- 1 clover garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Maille Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp packed Tarragon, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Baguette or hero loaf
- Almonds, chopped
- Sliced red onion
- Dried cranberries
- Mayo (optional)
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Make chicken marinade and pour over chicken. If you have time, marinade for a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 and cook chicken for about 20 min or until 165 degrees internally, turning halfway through. When chicken is done. Let cool slightly and then shred. Transfer to a large bowl. Add almonds and cranberries.
- Meanwhile make dressing by combining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over chicken and mix until combined.
- Slice bread and toast if you’d like. Add pulled chicken to bread and top with arugula and red onion. Add mayo if you desire. Wrap sandwiches in paper and enjoy!