The best toast to get ready for fall: spiced cream cheese and caramelized green apple toast. I always light a candle when I cook and since it’s almost September, I’m already thinking what scents I want for Fall… this @nestfragrances Pumpkin Chai candle has notes of wild pumpkin, spicy masala chai, cardamom and ginger which I love because it compliments what I like to cook with.
Spiced cream cheese and caramelized green apple toast
The cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp Spice House pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Spice House cardamon
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp hot honey
- dash Spice House pumpkin spice seasoning
- dash Spice House cardamon
- Bread of choice (this is a frances pan loaf)
- Coat your bread in olive oil and cook on medium heat for about 2-3 min per side
- Meanwhile in a bowl, make your spiced cream cheese by combining pumpkin puree, whipped cream cheese, and spices. Mix well so it is thoroughly combined.
- In a small pan, add butter. When butter is melted, add hot honey, followed by your sliced apple. Sprinkle seasoning overtop. Let cook on medium to low until apples start to soften and caramelize.
- Add spiced cream cheese to toast and top with caramelized apples. Sprinkle toast with another dusting of spices. Enjoy!