If you know me, you know I’ll eat smoked salmon on anything and honestly this breakfast bake takes the cake: this is a goat cheese and smoked salmon puff pastry with an everything bagel seasoning crust.
Here’s how to make it:
Smoked salmon puff pastry breakfast bake
- 1/2 sheet puff pastry, thawed (I used store-bought) (I ended up only using have the sheet just because I was only making this for 2, but if you’re making it for 2+ I would double the recipe)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning, or enough to get the whole crust
- A few tbsps goat cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parm
- 2 eggs
- Smoked salmon (probably about 2 sheet layers)
- 2 tbsp pickled shallots
- 2 tbsp caper berries
- A few sprigs of dill
- Preheat oven to 400. Lay out puff pastry onp archment paper and lightly score the sides with a fork. Brush egg wash over crust and then top with everything bagel seasoning. Sprinkle parm over the middle so that it is all covered. Add little dots of goat cheese on top as well. Par bake for 10 min.
- Remove and crack 2 eggs on top. The eggs ran abit, so if you want to contain them you can build little walls with the cheese.I didn’t mind the eggs being overtop so its a personal preference. Bake again for another 7 min or until eggs cooked.
- Remove and top with smoked salmon, caper berries, pickled shallots and dill. Enjoy!