One of my favorite vegetarian sandwiches with all the farmers market veggies. I paired this one with a creamy balsamic dressing and some fresh goat cheese.
Here’s how to make it:
Pickled and roasted veggie sandwich goat cheese and balsamic dressing
- Bread of choice (I opted for a simple multigrain)
- 1 tsp balsamic or balsamic glaze
- 2 heaping tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
Veggies of choice. I did:
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Pickled rainbow or regular radishes
- Goat cheese
- If using zucchini, add a good glue of olive oil to a skillet. Slice garlic and zucchini and add to the pan, making sure the slices are flat to the bottom of the skillet for good browning. Season with sea salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 3-4 min per side or until zucchini is tender and slightly browned.
- Toast bread and make creamy balsamic by mixing balsamic or balsamic glaze with greek yogurt, sea salt and pepper. Once creamy and combined, spread on toasted bread.
- Add arugula, zucchini, radishes, sliced tomatoes and cucumber. Top with goat cheese crumbles. Stack with another piece of bread. Slice and enjoy!