This is another one ive been eating this week: A combination of pesto and hummus, crispy halloumi, roasted red pepper, red onion and arugula. Definitely save this one for lunch. Also, If you have leftovers of the pesto hummus, it’s great as a dip for snacking/appetizer idea. Happy Friday everyone!!
Here’s how to make this one:
Pesto hummus sandwich with crispy halloumi and roasted red peppers
- Bread of choice (this is a sourdough)
- Olive oil
- Roasted red peppers
- Red onion
- Halloumi cheese
- Red pepper flakes
The pesto hummus:
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil + more for topping
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts + more for garnish
- Make your pesto: In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until combined. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Slice halloumi and add to a skillet. Cook on medium heat for about 5 min per side or until it gets a nice golden brown. No need to add any oil to the pan, halloumi can cook on its own.
- Coat bread in olive oil and add to same pan and cook for 2-3 min per side.
- Add hummus pesto to toast, followed by halloumi, sliced red onion, arugula, red pepper and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!