I really get such satisfaction from a perfectly ripe avocado: This is a pesto avocado toast with a poached egg, cucumbers and spicy everything furikake seasoning. Perfect for a weekend morning!
Pesto avocado toast with a poached egg, cucumbers & furikake
- Bread of choice
- 1/2 avocado
- Persian cucumbers
- Holy Tshili Spicy everything furikake seasoning
- Pesto (homemade or store-bought) pesto recipe below
- Olive oil
- Parsley for topping
For the pesto:
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- If you are making your pesto, in a food processor, add pesto ingredients and blend. Taste test and adjust accordingly.
- Let a pot of water come to a rolling boil. Using a spoon, stir the water until it begins to swirl, and crack your egg. Let the water come back to a boil and keep the water in a swirl as the egg cooks, 2-3 min. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- With a veggie peeler, slice cucumber and then slice avocado.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook for 2-3 min per side. Add pesto, sliced avocado, cucumber ribbons and poached egg. Top with the spicy everything seasoning. Enjoy!