Have I mentioned how easy parmesan crisps are to make at home? AND have I also mentioned that you can make them whatever size you want and I made one that perfectly fit on top of toast?! I’m telling you, they make everything better, especially avocado toast. This is a pistachio pesto avocado toast with a poached egg and a parmesan crisp. Perfect for a Saturday morning.
Here’s how to make it:
Pesto avocado toast with a poached egg and a parmesan crisp
- bread of choice (this is a Frances pan loaf)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup parmesan
For the pesto
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Add parchment paper to a baking sheet and grate cheese. Sprinkle onto a baking sheet into whatever shape you’d like, making sure you have a nice heap because it will melt and spread out. Bake for about 5-7 min, monitoring so it doesnt get too browned.
- Meanwhile make your pesto. In a food processor, add pesto ingredients and blend. Taste test and adjust accordingly.
- In a small bowl crack an egg. Heat a pot of water and when it’s at a rolling boil, use a spoon to make a swirl with the water (like the shape of a tornado) Add in your egg and continue to stir (carefully, without touching the egg) until the water comes back to a boil. Cook for about 1 more min for a runny poached egg (describing how to poach an egg is surprisingly hard… if youre confused by these notes, I suggest watching a video to see what I mean)
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook for about 2-3 min per side in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add pesto to bread, then top with sliced avocado. Add your parm crisp, and then your poached egg. Enjoy!