Perfect recipe for a holiday weekend: This is a pearl couscous and veggie salad with a basil mint pesto, and halloumi. It is perfect for BBQs or whatever you have planned for the long weekend.
Here’s how to make it:
Pearl Couscous Salad with a basil mint pesto and halloumi
- 1 block of halloumi, sliced
- A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ears of corn, cooked and sliced off the Cobb
- 1 1/2 cups pearl couscous
- 3 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Juice of about 1/2 a lemon(maybe a little more depending on taste)
- Dash of red wine vinegar totaste
Basil mint pesto:
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- slice all veggies and cook pearl couscous in salted water for about 5 min or until soft. Drain and add to a large bowl. Add a little olive oil so that it doesn't stick together. Add in all sliced veggies.
- In a food processor, combine mint, basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, parm cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until combined.Taste and adjust accordingly.
- In a small pan, add sliced halloumi and cook about 3 min per side on medium heat or until golden brown.
- Add pesto and halloumi to bowl and toss to combine. Season with lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Taste and season accordingly. Enjoy!