A special Valentine “make it mini” episode: Lava cake with a chili chocolate ganache 😍🤌🏻 This one has a little bit of a kick and is perfect for the chocolate lover 👌🏼You can get creative with what kind of ganache you use for the middle. No matter how you’re celebrating today, haps v! 💙💙💙
“Make it mini” with Le Creuset: Lava cake with a chili chocolate ganache
For the ganache
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz semisweet or dark chili chocolate (or another chocolate of choice), chopped
- 1 stick butter + a little more to coat cocottes 4 oz semisweet chocolate bar, chopped
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp flour
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Heat heavy whipping cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds, in 10 second increments. Cream should be very warm. Add in chopped chili chocolate. Chocolate will start to melt and stir until it is smooth. Place in the fridge or freezer until it is firm.
- Preheat oven to 425. Add a little butter to each cocotte and spread around so there is an even layer. Add in a dusting of cocoa powder. Once evenly coated, tap out any extra.
- In a medium saucepan, boil water. In a heat-proof bowl, add in your butter. Stir and let melt on the heat. Once fully melted, add in the 4oz of semi sweet chocolate along with a pinch of salt and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Using a hand mixer, combine eggs and sugar in another bowl. Beat for about 5-10 min or until the mixture gets foamy and much lighter in color. Then fold in flour. Combine that mixture with the chocolate and butter.
- Add enough of the batter to cover the bottom of the cocotte, about ½ in thick. Add in a scoop of ganache, and then cover with more batter. You want enough batter to fill the cocotte to about ¾ full.
- Let cakes chill in the fridge for about 10 min then bake for about 11 min or until cake is firm. Using a knife, carefully loosen the cakes from the cocottes. Transfer to a plate and top with powdered sugar and fruit. Cut your strawberries like hearts for a little Valentine’s day bonus! Enjoy!