The ultimate veggie for grilling: Eggplant! This is a grilled eggplant with roasted garlic bruschetta and toasted breadcrumbs. The Tuttorosso Petite Crushed Tomatoes are the perfect consistency and flavor to give this bruschetta so much flavor. The best topping for any summer vegetable!
Grilled Eggplant with Roasted Garlic Bruschetta and toasted breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 can of Tuttorosso Petite Crushed Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Balsamic Glaze
- Squeeze of half a lemon
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Slice the top off the garlic. In tin foil or a cocotte, add garlic and cover in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 25-30 min or until garlic is tender. Slice eggplant and season both sides generouslywith salt. Cover with a few sheets of paper towels and place something heavy (like a skillet) on top. Let the eggplants sweat out some of their moisture forabout 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile add Tuttorosso Petite Crushed Tomatoes to a bowl. Slice a handful of basil and add totomatoes. Squeeze cooked garlic over top, along with salt, pepper and the squeeze of lemon. Mix gently to combine.
- Drizzle eggplants with olive oil on both sides. Grill for about 3-4 min per side or until eggplant is browned.
- Plate eggplant and spoon bruschetta over top. Add breadcrumbs to a pan and cook for about 2-3 min or until they start to brown. Add to the top of the bruschetta. Season with balsamic glaze and more basil. Enjoy!