Another delicious holiday app idea: Farmer’s cheese and melon crostinis with crispy prosciutto and a lime chili crisp. I can’t think of a better combination than sweet melon and crispy prosciutto. I partnered with Pure Flavor to use their Alonna™ Canary Melons for the perfect added sweetness. The farmer’s cheese adds some nice balance and then I topped the whole thing with a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of chili crisp.
Farmer’s cheese and melon crostinis with crispy prosciutto and a lime chili crisp
- French baguette
- About tbsp of farmers cheese per toast (or another creamy cheese like ricotta)
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 12 slices of Pure Flavor® Alonna™ Canary Melon
- 6 pieces of prosciutto per toast
- 4 tsp chili crisp
- Juice of one lime
- Preheat the oven to 400 and lay out pieces of prosciutto on parchment paper. Cook for about 15 min or until crispy. Remove and let cool. Roughly chop.
- Slice bread and add butter to a pan. Add bread sliced and cook for about 2-3 min per side or until bread gets golden brown.
- Slice Pure Flavor® Alonna™ Canary Melon by first cutting around the equator of the melon between the stem and base points. When halved, remove the seeds from the melon. Slice into wedges and remove skin.
- Add farmers cheese to toast, followed by melon. Using your fingers or a knife, break the prosciutto into bits and sprinkle over top. Add a drizzle of lime and chili crisp. Enjoy!