Ringing in the (almost) first day of Spring with these delicious Crème Fraîche and asparagus ribbon crostinis with cowboy butter. ICYMI, cowboy butter went viral for being the best dip for a steak, but it turns out it’s also so good when paired with spring veggies. I used Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche & Cultured Butter for these. All their ingredients are such high quality, you can always taste such a difference in anything you make with them. Happy Spring everyone!
Here’s how to make it:
Crème Fraîche and asparagus ribbon crostinis with cowboy butter
For the butter:
- 1 stick of Vermont Creamery salted butter
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tbsp of dijon mustard
- Dash of paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh horseradish
- 2 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- About 12 pieces of asparagus
- About 12 tsp of Vermont Creamery crème fraîche (1 per crostini)
- More chopped chives for topping
- 1 baguette
- Sea salt and pepper
- On low heat, melt butter. Once butter is melted and cooled slightly, add to a bowl with lemon juice, garlic, shallot, mustard, horseradish, cayenne, and paprika. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Stir in parsley, chives and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile slice baguette and coat both sides in olive oil. Cook on medium heat for about 2-3 min per side or until bread is golden brown.
- Wash and slice the tough ends off the asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler and working away from you, slice asparagus into thin ribbons and set aside.
- Now we assemble! Add crème fraîche to each crostini and spread until smooth. Top with a drizzle of cowboy butter. Add a few asparagus ribbons in whatever fun shape you like on top. I did a little swirl pattern, but you can really do whatever you like. Season with salt and pepper and top with a few more chopped chives for garnish. Enjoy!