End of summer goodness: chili crunch butter corn toast with tomatillo guacamole, heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil. It’s a great way to use the last of the summer veggies and cooking the corn in the chili butter give just the right amount of heat.
Chili crunch butter corn toast with tomatillo guacamole & heirloom tomatoes
- 8 tomatillos
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 jalapeño or other hot pepper of choice
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 1 avocado
- sea salt
- 2 ears corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chili crisp
- Bread of choice (this is a sourdough)
- sea salt
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375. Slice corn off the cob and add to a cocotte or small oven safe dish. Add butter and chili crunch. Bake for about 10 min and then stir. Bake for another 15 min or until corn is tender and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, make the tomatillo guacamole by combining all the ingredients in a bowl or mortar and pestle. Mix until creamy and combined. Season to taste.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook for 2-3 min per side.or until nicely toasted. Add tomatillo guacamole to bread and then top with some of the chili crisp corn. Add sliced tomatoes, more corn and then top with salt, pepper and then fresh basil. Enjoy!