Yesterday I posted about these really delicious heirloom green tomatoes I ate at il Buco Alimentari & Vineria on a white pizza called the green zibra. I recreated it on a cauliflower crust and it did not disappoint. This is a cauliflower pizza with mozzarella, provolone, stracciatella, feta and of course, pickled green tomatoes. I had a little left over homemade pesto on hand to add that as well. It really is a great pizza for summer. Here is how to make it:
Cauliflower pizza with mozzarella, provolone, stracciatella, feta and pickled green tomatoes
- Pesto (optional)
- Cauliflower or another pizza crust
- Pickled green tomatoes
Pickled green tomatoes:
- Equal parts water and apple cider or white vinegar
- Mustard seeds
- Green heirloom tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 heaping tbsp sugar
- Add water and vinegar to a medium sized pan and add sugar, mustard seeds and garlic. Bring to boil and let the sugar dissolve.
- Meanwhile slice tomatoes into bite sized pieces and add to a jar.
- Pour vinegar mixture overtop until you fill up the jar. Let cool and then add to the fridge. Let sit overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Remove crust from box, overwrap, & cardboard. Add pesto if adding, cheeses and then top with tomatoes. Bake for12-15 min. Enjoy!