I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… beets are so good and if you arent a fan, you’ve got to try eating them in new ways like this one! This is a whipped goat cheese and beet toast with pepitas and a balsamic glaze. This is kind of a toast version of a salad I made a few weeks ago and it was a perfect lunch. Also the whipped goat cheese is so good to have in the fridge for snacking throughout the week. Full recipe below <3
Whipped Goat Cheese and Beet toast with pepitas and a balsamic glaze
- Toast of choice (this is a rosemary sourdough)
- Olive oil
- 4 large beets (this recipe only really needs about 1/2 a beet per toast but beets are great to have in the fridge for salads etc so you might as well make a few!)
- Handful of pipitas
- Balsamic glaze
Whipped goat cheese:
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon (about 1 tsp) One note: originally I added a small bit of garlic which was good, but I don’t think it needed it
- Wrap each beet in tin foil and bake on 375 for70 min. Remove and let cool. Peel (it should be fairly easy to peel once they cool). Slice into bite sized pieces.
- While beets are cooking, make whipped goat cheese. Combine goat cheese, half and half, greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon,salt and pepper to a magic bullet or food processor. Blend to combine. Taste and adjust accordingly (if you want more lemon or need to add a little more salt, etc).
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook 2-3 min per side.
- Spread goat cheese on toast and then top with beets, pipitas, pepper and some flaky seat salt. Finish it off with balsamic glaze. Enjoy