This is the perfect summer breakfast: An upside down buttermilk pancake with peaches and blueberries. This one is perfect if you’re hosting brunch (serves about 6 people) or want to take advantage of in-season fruit. I used @kodiakcakes buttermilk mix for these which made it super easy to whip up. Kodiak has a bunch of different flapjack and waffle mixes and they’re all made with whole grains and have lots of protein so you kind of get the best of everything. Also you can really get creative with all the different things you can make with them (muffins, cookies, banana bread etc).
Here’s how to make it
Upside down buttermilk pancake
- 2 cups Kodiak cakes buttermilk pancake mix
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 peaches
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter plus more for topping
- Add butter and sugar to an oven proof 9 inch skillet. Let is melt and combine. Remove from heat and add peaches and blueberries to the pan. Add back to medium heat until butter is bubbling and the fruit has started to meld together, about 6-8 min. Don’t touch fruits during this part.
- Meanwhile make pancake mix: combine @kodiakcakes buttermilk mix, eggs and milk into broth. Pour over fruit and bake on 375 for about 15 min or until top is golden brown. Let rest for about 5 min.
- Place a plate upside over the top of the skillet and flip. The pancake should fall right out. Slice and serve with butter and syrup. Enjoy!