The ultimate hangover breakfast sandwich: Swiss and chorizo hash brown on a bagel with avocado mash and a sunny side egg. I fancied up a classic frozen hashbrown with scallions and chorizo and then fried an egg right on top 👌🏼You could totally use home fries or breakfast potatoes if you want, but I found that hashbrowns gave a better crunch and held together better for frying and egg on top.
Swiss and chorizo breakfast sandwich
- 1 hashbrown (I used frozen)
- 1 scallion
- 1 chorizo sausage
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 1 bagel
- 1-2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- red pepper flakes
- sea salt and pepper
- squeeze of lemon
- olive oil
- In a skillet, break up hash brown and cook in oil on medium to low heat. You might need to add a dash of water to the pan. Meanwhile, dice up chorizo and slice scallion. Add to pan and stir to combine as hash brown starts to thaw.
- Make your avocado mash by combine avocado, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt and pepper to a bowl. Use a fork to combine until smooth.
- Slice bagel and scoop out (if you want). Add Swiss cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, as hash browns start to crisp up and chorizo is close to being done cooking, crack 1-2 eggs (depending on preference) on top. Cover with a lid and cook on medium to low until egg is done.
- Add avocado mash to bagel and then top with hash browns and eggs. Serve with hot sauce and/or ketchup or however you like your breakfast sandwich