A delicious and fresh sandwich that you need to make for lunch this week: summer veggie and salmon sandwich with a goat cheese poppy seed spread. I slow cooked @kvaroyarctic salmon filets over a bed of greens to really give the sandwich its delicious flavor. Kvaroy Arctic salmon is really some of the best salmon I’ve ever eaten. Plus they’re antibiotic/hormone free, Fair Trade Certified, and ethically raised on a family-owned salmon farm in the Arctic Circle. I used their salmon fillet packs for this, but look out for their smoked salmon as well.
Summer veggie and salmon sandwich with a goat cheese poppy seed spread.
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- sea salt
- 3 fillets Kvaroy Arctic salmon
- Vegetable/herbs of choice (you can really use anything you want to lay the salmon on, I used some parsley and swiss chard)
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes (size dependent)
- 2-3 mini cucumbers
- handful of spinach
- bread of choice
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250. Lay herbs on a sheet pan and then place salmon on top of then. Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 45 min or until salmon is just a little pink inside.
- Meanwhile in a food processor or blender, combine all spread ingredients. Blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Coat bread in olive oil and cook in a skillet for 2-3 min per side. Slice cucumbers and tomatoes. Add spread to bread and then add spinach, cucumbers and tomatoes. Top with flaky salmon and enjoy!